Here goes… My name is Susy and I’m a food lover.
I live my life thinking from meal to meal and often I skip ahead. As much as I love to eat out, I also enjoy cooking at home, and as much as I like shopping for food, I like reading about food as well. For years, I’ve been eating meals that have been “blog-worthy” and I’ve taken photos of food, that have warranted some place on the internet. Friends tell me that if I were to write a blog, they’d definitely be in to reading it.
But up until now, I’ve had a lot of reasons why to not blog:
- I’m not focused enough to record my experiences in word form.
- I’m too impatient, when food arrives at my table to want to take the perfect photo before I dig in.
- I am selfish, and I want my food experiences to be my own.
- I don’t like my writing style and find the whole world of grammar frustrating… I am ESL, well not really but did grow up parents who at the best of times are ESL, at others I’d just call refer to them as non-English speaking.
- I am insecure and wouldn’t want my fabulous food experiences lead you to a horrible one.
So if I’m all those things, then what would make me change my mind?
Two words… French Laundry.
I am planning a visit to Napa/Sonoma with my husband and in-laws in just over a month. In the process, my husband Ben asked, “should we try to get a reservation at the French Laundry”? Well, that was enough to send me in a tizzy. Going to the French Laundry is on my Buried Life list, (or some may call it a Bucket list) and in my opinion, if I get the opportunity to go, then everyone I know should get to share in that. But I’m also a stickler for what I put out there, so no experience like the French Laundry should be my rookie blogging post. I need practice. So here I am… welcome to my blog.